Everyone loves rice. White rice or brown rice, or any sort of rice is great! And what goes best with rice is… meat, obviously! Beef is a wonderful choice of meat for this recipe, but you can definitely swap it if you are not a fan.
- 1 jar beef meat – we have home prepared ours in advance
- 400g white rice – rinsed and soaked in water for about an hour
- 200-250g fresh field mushrooms – rinsed and sliced
- 1 carrot – diced
- 50ml sunflower oil – you can use any vegetable oil you prefer
- 50g butter
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Baking time: 40-50 minutes
Bake in preheated oven on 200Cº
On the stove heat a pan on a medium temperature, add the oil and once it heats lower the temperature to medium low. Add the onion and cook until golden. Add the butter and once it melts, put in the mushrooms. Cook until they change colour. Add the carrots and cook until they soften up a little bit. Add the rice and cook until it gets a crystal glass look. Add in salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer the mixture into a baking pan and add 1200ml water. Bake in a preheated oven on 200C for 40-50 minutes (or until the rice is completely cooked). Add the meat on top and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
Wonderful meal to serve on family gatherings!